Child and Family Permanency Services Sierra Leone (CFPS Sierra Leone) is on a mission to
provide loving and safe environments for the vulnerable children of Sierra Leone.
We are excited to introduce our latest project, "The Bridge" - a safe temporary place where beneficiaries can reside until contact tracing, family investigation, and attachment theory is carried out.
Why "THE BRIDGE" is an important part of our plan.
At CFPS Sierra Leone, we believe that every child deserves the chance to grow up in a loving
and supportive environment.
The Bridge is a crucial part of this mission. It will allow us to provide a secure interim care site where children can reside while we work to ensure their safety, reunite them with their families, and implement attachment theory.
The facility where we have previously housed children while they were awaiting reintegration is no longer available beginning in January 2024. Housing displaced children in an interim care facility on a temporary basis is a best practice in stabilizing them and ensuring child protection standards are met before beginning any permanent placement decision.
While reintegration directly off the streets is possible in some circumstances, it is not the best way to work with extremely vulnerable children.
What We Need: A TEMPORARY, SAFE, WELCOMING ENVIRONMENT STAFFED BY CARING, TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE PROFESSIONALS.
How We Plan to Build The Bridge Is Where You Come In:
We are reaching out to our community and supporters to raise $28,000 to make The Bridge a reality. Here's how your contributions will be used:
1. Rent for the First 2 Years: To secure this new facility and provide a loving home for the children, we need approximately $7,000.
2. Backup Power Generator: We need a reliable generator for backup power, ensuring that the children's safety and comfort are never compromised. This will cost approximately $1,000.
3. Tricycle Motorbike: To transport beneficiaries to our office at Old Wharf, we require a tricycle motorbike, costing $3,000.
4. Facility Improvements: We want to make "The Bridge" feel like a true Sierra Leonean home.
This includes painting the facility ($750) and creating an outdoor kitchen ($400).
5. Water Tank: We need a new water tank to store water for caregivers and children, costing $250.
6. Furniture: We aim to fit the house out with essential furniture, with an estimated cost of $600.
7. Security and Caregivers: To ensure safety and quality care, we will allocate $5,000 for
security guards for the first year of operation, and $9,600 for one year of
(Caregivers are the people assigned to live in the facility with the children and oversee their daily care.)
Your support can make a world of difference. By contributing to this fundraiser, you're helping us provide a safe and loving environment for the children we serve in Sierra Leone during a critical transitional period. Every dollar counts, and together, we can make The Bridge a secure place for these children while their families are traced and the right family member is identified and prepared to provide a safe, loving, permanent home for them.
Be Part of the Change:
Join us in this transformative journey. Your generosity will not only change the lives of these children but also strengthen the bonds of the Sierra Leonean community. Share this fundraiser with your friends and family to help us reach our goal.
Thank you for being a part of this incredible journey. Together, we can make The Bridge a secure and nurturing environment for Sierra Leone's children, providing them with temporary care and a permanently brighter future.